Wow, I can’t believe it’s the end of August! Time is flying by and I’m honestly okay with that (I’ll tell you why in a minute). Do you remember what my goals were for August? You can find them here! Now, let’s see how I did.
- I wanted to pack four lunches and cook dinner four times a week. I have succeeded this goal! Actually, for two out of the four weeks in August I cooked dinner seven nights a week. I’m pretty proud of that considering how terrible I used to be in keeping up with dinners. I have indeed packed lunches for the both of us every day I have worked this past month. Super excited about that. This goal gets a big check from me!
- I wanted to practice yoga at least three times a week and run twice a week. I have been able to run twice a week, sometimes three! However, my yoga has a thumbs down. I feel like my life is too chaotic for yoga right now. Although that might help calm me down, I just can’t seem to find the time.
- I wanted to create, bake, or make three Pinterest DIY’s each month. HA! I have been way too busy for that. It was a nice thought though. Hopefully I’ll be able to try one a month rather than three. Fingers crossed.
September Goals & Plans
- I want to slow down. I have been so busy living in the future that I can’t enjoy the present. I’m constantly worried about tomorrow, I find my mind is always five years down the road, I’m consistently worried about money and most of my days are spent fretting about things I cannot control. I’m learning that this worrying crap is a waste of my time and energy. I have to learn how to give it all to God and just let Him deal with this mess because I am clearly not equipped to deal with it. I have unnecessary anxiety that could be controlled by slowing down and living in the here and now.
- The other thing I would like to accomplish is to be able to find a solution to our unhappiness. I could come up with an endless list of reasons as to why we are in a rut but that would just bore you, so I’ll leave that subject alone. Kevin told me yesterday it doesn’t have to be this way. Happiness is a choice and while I believe that’s true, I know without a doubt there are a few changes we could make in order to relieve some of the stress that is bogging us down. My goal is to alleviate one of the problems we are facing and we’ll get more in depth on that later.
So, how did you do with your goals for August?! Did you exceed the expectations? I sure hope so! 🙂 Oh, by the way, I’m stoked that August is over because we are packing our bags and leaving for Prague in exactly 2 months, 28 days and 11 hours! (But who’s counting?) 😉